There is a wide selection of styles in vacuum cleaners and you are sure to find one to fit your needs. One of the best ways to buy a vacuum cleaner is to read the ratings and reviews, as this will help you while comparing many different brands such as Kirby, Dyson, Miele and Rainbow as well as many others. You will also need to determine which style will fit your needs. You may also choose from different types of models such as a portable handheld cordless vacuum, canister bagless, the basic floor model or even upright vacuum cleaner, depending on your particular situation.
For instance if you are limited of space you may want a stick vacuum cleaner. However, installing a central vacuum cleaner system has become very popular; of course, any of these vacuum cleaners are great. Although everyone is different and has different needs when choosing the very best vacuum cleaner, while as always, it does depend on the job at hand.
There are some tips you should remember when choosing a vacuum cleaner. You should match the vacuum with the job for instance, for carpet care the best choice for the job is an upright vacuum with multiple height adjustments and large wheels, however a canister vacuum will perform well in carpet care as well. Be sure to find one that is lightweight with a very long power cord, so you have plenty of for your home. An upright vacuum will supply the proper attachments vacuum parts for taking care of carpets throughout a house. When all your floors are bare, a canister vacuum works well as it is recommended for cleaning bare floors and with the right attachment, an upright vacuum can be used on bare floors.
A handheld vacuum with a power brush is recommended, when cleaning upholstery such as the sofa or a chair, it is a breeze to use one that is rechargeable or cordless. Keep in mind however, that an upright vacuum is available with an air driven upholstery tool with a beater brush for cleaning upholstery. Always check the models when comparing vacuums to see that the filters, bags, belts and all other parts are of easy access. You will want a vacuum that is user friendly, as the last thing you want is to simply, change the belt, without having to take it to an authorized vacuum dealer.
Vacuum cleaner shopping tips
1. Type and Style – Being aware of the surface areas to be cleaned will assist you in finding the best vacuum cleaner for your needs, when choosing a vacuum.
2. Handling – Try the vacuum out before you make a purchase. Make sure the handle fits your hand well and the arm is of a comfortable height.
3. Filtering – Air quality is essential, make sure the vacuum includes a HEPA filter.
4. Accessory Attachments – Always find out what attachments are included with the vacuum.
5. Sound Levels – Many vacuums are available with quite modes of noise levels as they have extra insulation around the motor to reduce the noise.
Bag or Bagless?
Since a vacuum cleaner bag collects everything that goes into the machine it also works as a filter. When the bag is full, it is replaced by another and thrown out. Many brand names manufactures, such as Eureka, Oreck, Miele and Dyson now offer their vacuum bags for purchase online; this means they can be delivered to you at home.
Bagged vacuum cleaners
Sometimes it is not easy to know when a bag is full, although it is not hard to change a bag. Keep in mind that an unchanged bag will overheat the vacuum and lessen its lifespan. Today many vacuums incorporate an LED light, which alerts you when the bag needs replacement.
Bagless vacuum cleaners
Bagless vacuums are easier to see when it is full and time to change. However, when it is time to change it can be somewhat messy when emptying it out and there may be times when you need to use your hand to remove things that will not come out on their own. On the other hand, with this type of bag, if you suck something up that you did not mean to, it is easily retrieved.
Vacuum cleaner filtering
Generally, standard vacuum cleaners will expel particles of dust back into the air as you clean. If you are interested in a better quality of air or if you suffer from allergies, you may want to install a HEPA filter onto your vacuum for better breathing. On the other hand, if you know this by reading reviews and ratings you will be able to sensibly compare some of the HEPA vacuum cleaners from Miele or even look at the Electrolux oxygen 3. A HEPA moosoo cordless vacuum cleaner filter is highly efficient in the removal of any microscopic particles with 99.97% effectiveness.
Repair Tips for Vacuum Cleaners
1. To help prolong the life of your machine, it is in your best interest to keep a vacuum cleaner repair maintenance schedule.
2. Most vacuum repairs and problems stem from the belt or the agitator brush.
3. You may find that you have poor suction when there is a blockage.
4. As a regular part of maintenance, it is best to remove the power head cover and untangle the power brush of any hair or carpet strings as this will save on repairs.
5. Make sure that there is nothing stuck in the vacuum hose, if you need to, you can use a broom handle to remove any obstruction.
6. Keep the vacuum filter cleaned out properly as this will aid in the performance of the vacuum cleaner, not doing so will cause the vacuum to overheat, thereby damaging the vacuum.